The NRLA is currently seeking volunteers to form an under 15 (U15) lacrosse program for the greater Auckland area. The first season will include weekly training covering the fundamentals of lacrosse and a series of intra-squad scrimmages culminating in an Easter 2018 tournament with Eltham – a team visiting from Melbourne.
The team is seeking U15 players, two additional coaches and a team manager. While coaches are required to have some coaching and/ or playing experience, the team manager need only bring organizational skills and enthusiasm. No knowledge of lacrosse is required for this role.
Players living in the greater Auckland area whose 15th birthday falls after 1 January 2018 and turned 12 after 1 January 2017 are eligible to join the team. Leadership will also exercise discretion in determining eligibility based on players’ size and maturity.
Timing and Location
The team’s first season will run from 28 October 2017 through the weekend of 30 March 2018 with a holiday break from 26 November 2017 to 15 February 2018. A tentative schedule is below; all training, scrimmages and games will be held at Nixon Park at 11 Central Road, Kingston Auckland.
· Sunday, 29 October (10 AM to 1 PM): Mini-Camp – Lacrosse Introduction
· Fridays, 3 November to 15 December (6 PM to 8 PM): Weekly training
· 16 December to 15 February: Holiday Break
· Fridays, 16 February to 16 March (6 PM to 8 PM): Weekly training
· Sunday, 18 March (10 AM to 1 PM): Roster tryouts for Melbourne game
· Saturday, 31 March (TBD): Game with Melbourne
· Sunday, 1 April (TBD): Mixed scrimmage with Melbourne players and coaches
Coaching or Managing Volunteers and Questions
Please send an email to David Garcia (email@example.com) or David Zussman (firstname.lastname@example.org) to volunteer as a coach or team manager or with any questions.
For more information refer to:
NRLA_Men U15_Launch communication_24 Sep 2017vFINAL.pdf