Dr. Rachel Batty (Chair)
- Rachel is a Senior Lecturer in sport management and sport development at Massey University. One of the two appointed Board members, Rachel’s academic career is paralleled by her ongoing management and governance roles with, and for, a wide range of sport organisations. Her main areas of expertise and interest include sport stakeholder relationships, brand management, sport sponsorship and leveraging, and strategic planning. Rachel is a an inaugural member of the Sport New Zealand/Appoint Better Boards, Women in Sport Governance initiative.
Toby Delamore (Deputy Chair)
- With a background in sports management and strengths in stakeholder management, business planning, and risk management, Toby has a profoundly deep knowledge and passion for lacrosse in New Zealand, including three world championship campaigns with New Zealand Men’s Lacrosse team. He has also spent time as an executive at both the club and national body level. Alongside his experience with New Zealand lacrosse, he spent four years as a member of the New England College Lacrosse team in New Hampshire, USA.
- Nicole has been involved in lacrosse for over 15 years along with four world championships as a player, umpire, and a team manager. She has also held various governance roles, most recently as the President of NZWLA and is a current member of the APLU Women’s Officiating Committee. She is extremely passionate about giving back to the sport of lacrosse that has provided her with so much.
- Having been a part of the New Zealand lacrosse community since 2008, Eric has played a tremendous part in the development of youth lacrosse in Aotearoa as the Junior/Youth Coordinator and a co-coach for the U15 Boys National Team. Originally from Long Island, New York, Eric was introduced to the game in the early 80s and has yet to put his stick down. He holds multiple bachelor’s degrees from American and New Zealand universities, as well as a Juris Doctor.
- Tara has a deep involvement prior to lacrosse in gymnastics, having spent 14 years in the sport with such roles as President and a head coach. More recently, she has been the treasurer for Waikato Lacrosse for the previous 3 years and has played a significant part in increased participation and sustainability in the region. Tara’s background is very much rooted in sport, holding a Bachelor of Science (with Honours) degree in Sports Science, majoring in biomechanics.
- Kim comes to the board as an appointed member with a plethora of knowledge acquired from years involved with Hockey New Zealand. Based in Christchurch, Kim servers the hockey community as Club President of Harewood Hockey with over 700 members. She also plays a key role in co-ordinating volunteers to effectively deliver a great hockey experience and is very much looking forward to bringing this level of expertise to New Zealand Lacrosse.
- With an extensive background in box and field lacrosse, Shawn brings over 20 years of experience as a player, coach, and an official. He helped form his high school lacrosse team in Texas, played club lacrosse at The University of North Texas, coached Division 1 high school, played Senior A box in Colorado, and has participated in numerous field and box tournaments throughout the world as both a player and referee. Shawn has been Wellington-based since his move to Aotearoa in 2017. He is extremely passionate about the sport with emphasis on growth of playing opportunities locally and abroad, and continued development of high-level coaches and officials.