Here you will find all the information you need to know how both the men’s and women’s New Zealand Lacrosse associations (collectively New Zealand Lacrosse) are responding to the COVID-19 pandemic, and what we’re doing to make sure our people stay safe.
What’s happened so far?
As of 12 noon on Wednesday 12 August, Auckland will move to Alert Level 3.
The rest of New Zealand will move to Alert Level 2. Further detailed information will be provided as and when possible following on-going guidance and advice from Sport NZ and NZ Government.
Following the move to Alert Level 3 in Auckland and Alert Level 2 for the rest of New Zealand, please take time to review the
12 August 2020 – Lacrosse Guidelines.
Status of Community Lacrosse Activities:
Under Alert Level 3 and Government guidelines, all Lacrosse activity in Auckland, including training, games, leagues and in person meetings, must not commence.
Rest of New Zealand
Under Alert Level 2 and Government guidelines, certain Lacrosse activity may commence so long as they follow the public health measures outlined by the NZ Government.
● Gatherings must be restricted to a maximum of 100 participants
● Where possible, masks should be worn.
● Contact tracing must be carried out at all Lacrosse activities.
● Equipment and surfaces must be regularly cleaned and disinfected where practical.
● Good personal hygiene practices should continue – wash and dry hands before and after activity, cough into elbow and don’t touch your face.
● Stay home if you’re sick and do not take part in Lacrosse activities if you have flu-like symptoms, self-isolate at home and get tested immediately.
● Physical distancing of 2 metres should be maintained wherever possible, especially from people that you don’t know. Contact during physical activity will occur but this should be minimised as much as possible, especially off the field of play.
● People at high risk of severe illness from COVID-19 should take additional precautions when undertaking Lacrosse activity.
If a participant or member of the NZ Lacrosse community wishes to discuss any details relating to these guidelines, or NZ Government guidelines, they are asked and encouraged to do this. In the first instance, this should be submitted to the Executive of the Regional Body which will be submitted to the Executive of NZWLA and NZLA (via firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Getting Help and Advice
The following national authorities and links provide up to date information on guidelines for New Zealand in the fight against COVID-19.
- Unite against COVID-19 Government website – covid19.govt.nz
- Ministry of Health – https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
- Sport NZ – https://sportnz.org.nz/covid-19/
- Healthline – 0800 358 5453
- Government helpline – 0800 779 997
- Need to talk? Call or text 1737 or visit ww.allright.org.nz/campaigns/getting-through-together