Here you will find all the information you need to know how both the men’s and women’s New Zealand Lacrosse associations (collectively New Zealand Lacrosse) are responding to the COVID-19 pandemic, and what we’re doing to make sure our people stay safe.
What’s happened so far?
New Zealand is currently at Alert Level 2 (Reduce). Under Alert Level 2 the disease is contained, but there is still a risk of community transmission.
Following the move to Alert Level 2, NZWLA and NZLA have been working with our regional bodies and committee members to establish Return to Lacrosse Guidelines, based on advice and guidance from Sport NZ.
The objective of these guidelines is to minimise the risk of transmission of the virus, and to be able to rapidly track and isolate any cases that may arise.
Subject to the range of public health measures outlined by New Zealand authorities, play, active recreation and sport can resume under Level 2. This includes contact team sports and physical activities only if fewer than 10 people are participating, good contact tracing is possible and hygiene measures, particularly washing and drying of hands, and regular sanitising of equipment and surfaces are in place.
The guidelines are expected change as and when updates are made by the NZ Government and any updates will be communicated out to everyone via our Regions, website and social media.
Please take the time to review the Return to Lacrosse guidelines.
All Lacrosse activities must be organised in conjunction with your Regional Body or NZ High Performance Rep.
Status of Community Lacrosse Activities:
- Lacrosse trainings may commence so long as they follow the public health measures outlined in the Return to Lacrosse guidelines. All organised Lacrosse activities must be agreed with the Regional body or High Performance Officer (in the instances of NZ Representative activity), who must then notify NZL and appoint an Activity Organiser.
- All other activity, including games and leagues, must not commence at this stage.
If there is anything in our Return to Lacrosse guidelines which you are uncertain or concerned about, please don’t hesitate to reach out to your Executive in your Regions, or directly to the NZWLA and NZLA Executive by emailing email@example.com.
Getting Help and Advice
The following national authorities and links provide up to date information on guidelines for New Zealand in the fight against COVID-19.
- Unite against COVID-19 Government website – covid19.govt.nz
- Ministry of Health – https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
- Sport NZ – https://sportnz.org.nz/covid-19/
- Healthline – 0800 358 5453
- Government helpline – 0800 779 997
- Need to talk? Call or text 1737 or visit ww.allright.org.nz/campaigns/getting-through-together