The New Zealand Lacrosse Association has announced the appointment of Bob Macaluso as the Head Coach for the New Zealand Men’s National Lacrosse Team that will be preparing to participate in the FIL World Lacrosse Championships in Denver 2014.
Coach Macaluso will be visiting New Zealand at the end of October 2012 to meet with the lacrosse community in Auckland. During his visit Coach Macaluso will be watching the final of the High School League and the first two rounds of the Men’s League. There will also be a coaching clinic for boys and a scrimmage game on Sunday 28th October.
During his visit Coach Macaluso will be finalising plans for the preparation of the National Team over the next 18 months. At the moment the intention is to:
1. Invite all players to try out for the extended squad as part of a tournament to be held in Auckland at Easter 2013.
2. Announce an extended squad in April 2013.
3. Commence fitness and conditioning programme.
4. Extended squad players will participate in a tournament to be held in Auckland at Easter 2014 after which a final travel squad will be announced.
5. An intensive period of training will take place in May and June 2014 before departing for the tournament in July 2014.
We need your help!
Like all NZLA roles, Coach Macaluso’s role is voluntary, so the NZLA needs to raise funds to cover expenses for this visit (future visits will be covered by participating players and sponsorship). In addition to raising money through the scrimmage game and coaching clinic we are asking:
Individuals to make a one off donation of between $50 – $250. A donation of $250 has already been made! NZLA Account No: 12-3026-0250386-00. State name and donation as reference.
Clubs to host Coach Macaluso at their training session from Monday 29th October to 2nd November and make a donation of $250. Harbour Hawks have already booked Tuesday 29th! Coaching can be tailored to your specific needs!
If you intend to make a donation or want to book Coach Macaluso to take your club training contact David Zussman at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 027 349 0461